Most families have a plan for their wealth.
Few have a plan for what’s priceless — their family.
Relationships. Communication. Purpose. Connection.
Money can’t buy them, but you can invest in helping them
grow and thrive.
Melissa Mitchell-Blitch, MS, MA
I used to work in estate planning. I planned to make this my career,
until I realized that sometimes the plans we created protected assets
but could ultimately hurt our clients.
Such consequences were unintended and even unanticipated by most colleagues. But the fact remained that our highly skilled technical team lacked the understanding of family dynamics, personality, and emotional well-being necessary to ensure the plans we created protected people, not merely assets.
I was convinced there had to be a better way, but repeatedly came up empty handed when I searched for a professional to assist us. This unmet need inspired me to leave the field of finance, earn a Masters in Psychology, and launch Eredita Consulting.
My mission is two-fold — to serve families and the advisors who serve them. To help families discover how to let the wealth work for them, and to collaborate with their advisors to ensure purpose and people drive methods and objectives, not merely asset protection or tax minimization.
We help families with
Family Wealth Conversations
Family Meetings and Workshops
Joint Decision Making (Governance)
Relationships & Boundaries
Set aside time to be intentional as a family.
Learn, grow, plan, support.
Get away to a different location, so you can focus. Make it a Family Retreat.
Sample content includes:
- What resources does your family have access to? Financial, Intellectual, Social, Health, Spiritual.
- How might all of your family’s resources be used to promote family connection and individual well-being?
- What are your family’s Mission, Vision / Purpose, and Shared Values?
- What are your family’s priorities and dreams?
- What non-financial inheritance do you want to provide? How can you do that?
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities of financial interdependence.
– Before you create or update your estate plans, take time to consider the purpose of the wealth and the specific objectives you want that planning to promote.
– These conversations will better prepare you to work with your legal and financial advisors to consider which strategies, tools and methods to utilize.
Customized consultations to help you have conversations that matter — and chart a course for your family to be more intentional.
- How do you — or can you — have fun together as a family?
- What are specific action steps each family member can take to transform its communication and relationships?
- What role do support and challenge play in your family’s culture?
- What does it mean to fight for each other’s highest possible good?
- Healthy boundaries are the key to healthy communication, relationships, and conflict resolution.
- Let Melissa help you apply the information she shares in her book, In the Company of Family: How to Thrive When Business IS Personal.
- Get clarity on what boundaries are, and are not.
- Better understand how to connect despite differences.
- Learn how to honor the relationship, even when you disagree or feel hurt.
- Clarify rights, roles, and responsibilities.
- Everyone has a Voice, but not everyone is heard.
- The 5 Voices is a simple yet powerful tool for understanding personalities.
- Learn each family member’s Foundational Voice and its natural strengths.
- Learn common triggers of each Voice and the negative impact each Voice can have on relationships.
- Better understand what it is like to be on the other side of you.
- Learn how to navigate personality differences more effectively.
- Learn how to be present and productive in your most important relationships.
- Learn how to “get on the same page” during time together.
- Listening, understanding, and responding are all important aspects of effective communication.
- Learn the 5 types of communication, each with their own desired type of response.
- Learn how to have more effective communication by knowing which style of communication to engage and how.